ESV Study Bible (Wow!)

I am a former NKJVer (i.e. New King James Version user) who made the difficult transition to becoming a NASB-Uer (i.e. New American Standard Bible Update user) not long before I came to Pillar Bible Church, where I am serving now by the grace of God (just ask my wife how much time I spent reading about different Bible translations, bindings, and even leather covers). It was a "difficult transition" because I had been reading and studying from the NKJV for some time and was quite acclimated to it. Currently, I am using the NASB-U Single-Column Reference Wide Margin in Black Calfskin leather, which was a gift I received not too long ago from my mother. I like its single-column, individual verse divisions, 11 font point size, and of course, calf-skin leather. It's really a beautiful Bible (The best deal for it is here: Click Here!)! Yet, I believe the publisher of the ESV has outdone itself with their new ESV Study Bible (coming out on Wednesday, October 15th, 2008). Having had the opportunity to see one at the recent 2008 Together for the Gospel Conference and read about its features, formats, contributing articles, and endorsements, I am inclined to say that the MacArthur Study Bible will finally meet its match later this year. I don't know if I'll ever be able to transition out of my beautiful NASB-U calfskin Bible, but I do know that the ESV Study Bible will be a must have. Check it out for yourself: Click Here!

0 Comments: