Today's Version of Popular Arminianism is Unbiblical

Though I classify myself as Reformed (Calvinist) in my theology, I can respect the Classical Arminian position, especially when they care to point out the errors of what is known today as "Arminianism," which is more Pelagian than anything. For instance..

"In many respects, where classical, Reformation Arminianism differs with modern 'Arminianism,' it also, for other theologial reasons, differs greatly from Calvinism. And while Calvinism and classical, Reformation Arminianism, in my opinion, are both viable, biblical theologies, modern 'Arminianism' is not. When one's doctrine of human depravity is softened, that person is on a slippery slope towards the playground of heresy. If a person is basically good, then why can he or she not be good enough or do good enough to earn God's favor? And why would a 'good' person need a Savior? Good people don't need a Savior, sinners do."

0 Comments: