So Gifted!

Some guys just have it! Certain men are endowed with extraordinary gifts (plural). Some men are brilliant thinkers (such as Jonathan Edwards); some are incredible athletes (such as Lebron James); some are supreme preachers (such as John Piper); some are great singers (such a Luther Vandross [man, he’s smooth]); etc. Then there are men who seem to have it all. One who is supremely intelligent, athletic, preaches very well, and even sings well. John MacArthur is one such man. Now, while I am no MacArthurite (though I do hold him up as one of my heroes in the faith), I gotta give it up to the man. He’s one of the main reasons why I went to The Master’s Seminary and a major player through whom I was further introduced to Reformed theology or the doctrines of grace. Actually, it was God who used MacArthur as a “means” to accomplish such ends, for which I am forever grateful to Him! But going back to what I was saying, I gotta give it up to him. The man is obviously brilliant (no need to get into that), a natural athlete (could have been a professional), great expositor (unleashing God’s Word one verse at a time), and also a great singer. Yes, a “great singer”! In fact, a great singer and even a better rapper! Click Here to listen to him sing a solo. Afterward, Click Here to listen to him rap. Indeed, certain men are endowed with extraordinary gifts, but some pretty much have 'em all.

0 Comments: